sentiMENTAL

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Will you be a 'CUB' to a 'COUGAR'?

Will you be a 'CUB' to a 'COUGAR'? 

Look into the eyes of a Cougar
Call me idealistic but I have always believed that love is unconditional. We fall in love with who our heart chooses. It knows no age. So I would not mind being in a relationship with an older woman. Maybe it will be a chance for me to learn and enjoy things I probably would not with someone my age or younger.


When it comes to love as an adult, age is not really a deciding factor. I would not mind if my partner is older than I am. I find maturity attractive. And at times, older women can bring a lot to the table, making the relationship more interesting.

For me, age is just a number. as long as this woman and I have a good chemistry and we enjoy being together, I do not see any problem. At the end of the day, we just want to be with someone who understands and respects us; one who makes us feel loved. I honestly do not believe that a relationship should be restricted or limited by age. Older people are likely to have interests, ideas or activities that you have never even thought of and this will keep the relationship awesome. Also, they tend to understand the necessity of compromising more easily and are less prone to making unreasonable demands. Meeting halfway is very crucial in this kind of relationship but getting dragged to a Barbra Streisand film is definitely a deal-breaker.

Passion comes with age. And I think someone older has a lot more to share because she's been through a lot in her life; experiences, life lessons and of course, love. So I do not see any problem falling in love someone who is older than my age. Therefore, I have no qualms being in a relationship with an older woman as long as it is for the right reasons, love-being the most obvious one. As long as love permits, I believe that outside opinions and reactions should be ignored. Besides, there is a lot to learn from someone more experienced in all aspects of life.

Yes, women are like wine. The older they get, the better. Older women are more mature, they are independent and know what they want in life.

The term 'cougar', a pejorative for a predatory older woman hunting and 'dating' younger men, came into vogue in the 90's. It has spawned online and offline dating services, cruises and conventions, TV shows and films that have surpassed the tame titillation of Mrs. Robinson in 'The Gradnate'

The cougar's motto; "Yes, go girl!" Cougars are yummy mommies in the likes of "The Sex and the City Girls", who are still young at heart and libido, even if their raddled bodies tell them otherwise. 

Studies have shown that healthier people are more likely to continue having sex well into old age, with many enjoying satisfying sex lives in their 60's, 70's and 80's.

This novelty cougar-cub thing for sure, can be sexy, empowering and exciting. Just do not be under any illusion that the relationship will stand the test of time, for time is the one thing that cougars do not have. Yes, why not? As long as she can carry an intellectual conversation with me, age will never be a barrier. Call me a cougar now. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment