sentiMENTAL

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

iPOEM: Street Act


 Street Act
By: Patient No.  0591
Brendalyn Chato

Hey! I am who I am
You might misunderstood me
Well, I don’t care,
For I have my own thinking, cuz this is the real me.

You know what? I am a superstar!
I can act, I sing, I dance, I can do anything
Because the world is my stage,
And no one can stop me from staying.

Why are you staring like that?
What are you looking at?
I can be an instant celebrity
Because all the people dare to stare at me.


They laugh at my almost naked body
My skin that is rough and dirty
My hair that was tied with straw and rubber bands
And my feet that is calloused like my hands.

They laugh at me and I laugh at them too
I do whatever makes me feel good,
To live a life on my own crazy way
Because that is how I’m oriented in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment