sentiMENTAL

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Superstitious MINDS: The Wet Belief



The Wet belief
By Patient No. 0791
ALVIN MESA

Have you seen the T.V. commercial of an instant coffee brand that shows how Filipinos follow and react on the superstitious beliefs that was passed generations to generations by an unknown ancestors’ of us? Some scenes in that TVC happens to me several times, especially the one that you have to dry your hair first before you go to bed because you might get crazy if you don’t.

One time I was struck in a conversation, as in shouting conversation with my mom because she is not letting me sleep after a soothing bath because she says I might get crazy if I don’t dry up my hair, but that is totally bullshit. There is nothing I can do; they are my parents so the arguments end up by blow drying my hair. I decided not to raise any argument because the topic is so non-sense.

It proven by me that there is nothing going to happen with my sanity if I go to bed with a wet hair. I think the worst thing that might happen is probably your hair might get damaged or pulled out or the next day your hair gets really bushy.

Yes, there is nothing bad in following superstitious beliefs as long as it does not destroy your life especially “social life”. It is the year of innovations and there is a lot of room for growing up. Let us go out of the box that our ancestors had put us. Let’s make our life more sensible and logical.

No comments:

Post a Comment