sentiMENTAL

Friday, September 10, 2010

HADES

HADES
By: Patient No. 0616

Morning cried like a tortured infant
As I lay here proud and triumphant
Sinking under the sea of calloused regrets
Singing the tune of my ten thousand deaths
My life is passing through a looking glass
I bet no such thing is as green as this grass

She played me a love song
I dared not sing along
I’m alive
I’m alive
But somehow I felt like I died

Cakes tasted bitter, Revenge stayed sweet
It pleasures my tongue and it hurts my teeth
I honor the naked hate that inside I bear
For it has won a losing battle, though not fair
Still, my stained red conscience remained unclean
Wash it down with poison and then kerosene


She sang me a lullaby
I dared not cry
I’m alive
I’m alive
But somehow I felt like I died

I was once a king with a palace of my own
But now I’m weak, a pathetic worthless pawn
Sent to lead a mob of woeful souls
Hearing nothing but awful bitter false
Haunted by your memory, Heartbreak I gain
Now I feel nothing, nothing but pain

She read me a poem
I dared not come home
I died
I died
I thought I was still alive

1 comment: